April 20, 2010

The Results R In!


About a week ago I got the official results from my MRI and I'd be lying if I said I was satisfied.. the results read: "A knee effusion is noted. The medial and lateral menisci appear intact. The anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and the lateral ligamentous complex appear unremarkable. Mild chondromalacia patella is noted. Mild bone bruise is also noted along the medial aspect of the medial femoral condyle and also along the posterior aspect of the midline of the tibial plateau."

In english it says that there is no tear to the ACL or MCL (which could have healed in the time I waited for the MRI). Mild bone bruise along the inside of the knee and inside underneath the knee cap. Mild strain on cartilage under the knee cap. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chondromalacia_patellae

The positives from these results are that I don't have a tear to either the ACL or MCL. I don't need surgery anymore. Physio is helping the problems and recovery time should increase rapidly once my thigh muscle starts to get bigger (and once pain is little to none).

The down side is that bone bruises can take a number of months to heal, and I have more than one. The knee is still locking and the cartilage is damaged. I still have a lot of pain BUT not all of the time.


So, the journey continues... I am still in physio once a week. I would go twice but I cannot afford to anymore so I make sure to keep up with my exercises daily. The nightmare of E.I. is still going to be awhile and man is it ever driving me nuts! I honestly hope this never happens to me again or that I'd ever have to deal with Employment Insurance again because its shit! I spent 2 hours yesterday on the phone with them and that's just one of the many many days I've had to deal with this crap. I have alot on my plate as far as trying to find money for the bills that are piling up in front of me goes.. It's stressing me right out.. but gotta stay positive - things will work out.


Throughout this whole process of recovery and metamorphosis I couldn't have stayed as strong without the support of great friends and family. I don't even want to think of where I'd be if I didn't have all the wonderful people in my life. I am extremely grateful xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment