October 18, 2012

Here---There---Everywhere

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset to leave Ontario.. Mostly because I didn't get to see my parents or family as much as I would have liked. Saying good-bye was short and sweet but I definitely shed a few tears once airborne. Being home has left me with mixed emotions. I missed some key people so it was nice to catch up but I have now definitely realized that my journey to full and complete enlightenment must be a solo mission, even if I don't want it to be sometimes. Family (if you're as fortunate as me) will be there forever and will love you unconditionally, no matter what. Friends I'd like to say the same but in the past I haven't been so lucky. I do know I have a solid core of people around me, but some days I do really miss certain individuals that are no longer my friends..

As I've mentioned before in previous posts; having the support of family and friends is crucial with having mental illness or any form of disability for that matter. I feel as though the past year of progress for me wouldn't exist if it wasn't for my parents and close friends - even some people who have no idea they've made a huge impact.. Thank you!

Each day that passes, closer to my trip makes me more and more excited, anxious, curious, intrigued, etc.. I just can't wait for this journey (and my friends wedding) to happen!

Namaste friends xo


No comments:

Post a Comment